These knives are used more than the all other combned. Chopping slicing, dicing, whether its meats or vegetables they are the go to knie most often.
The western style chef’s knife will usually have a gradual arc in its blade which let’s you do your chopping in a rocking motion. Its faster and easier on the wrist and hand. Most popular are the 6-7 and 8 inch for ease of control. The wider blades are great for chopping vegetables and then scooping them up to put into a pan. Zwillling J A Hencles, Wusthof, Boker and Messermeister are all Solingen, Germany made which are considered some of the best in the world and then LamsonSharp and Dexter Russell made here in the United States I consider on that same level.
The Gyuto and Santoku are Japanese knives. Very high performance, while being lightweight and extemely sharp. Most of the blades are straight which make chopping eaiser because the entire blade comes into contact with the cutting board. The Santoku 7 inch blade is the more popular and this knife is considered a univeral kitchen knife.
Some of the Japanese has multilayer blades or a Damascus profile that gives these knives incredible strength and durabilty even though they are lighweight and thin. Shun, Yoshihiro and Global are examples that are made in Japan, .
- Al Mar 8 ¼” PakkaWood Handle Chef’s Knife AM-C8 is one in a series of chef’s knives made in a professional chef grade that is now available for your home kitchen. Made in Japan with the super hard VG-2 core that is laminated with stainless steel to assure the very sharpest edge and durable that [...]
- Al Mar All Stainless AM-SC7 Damascus Santoku Ultra-Chef is both high performance and a visual additional to any contemporary kitchen. Crafted with a core of VG-10 high carbon Cobalt steel that Is wrapped in 16 layers each side for strength and to protect the core. It is then heat treated giving it a Rockwell hardness [...]
- Al Mar Ultra Chef 7 Inch Damascus Steel chef’s knife is a welcome part of any home chef’s kitchen as well as the professional. Made with the highest quality materials that will make this one of those purchases that last a lifetime and can be passed down when used as it was intended. Made with [...]
- Al Mar Ultra Chef Damascus 9 1/2” Gyuto Chef’s Knife could quiet possibly be one of the finest chef’s knife for any professional or home kitchen. Gyuto is the Japanese version of the western style chef’s knife most of us have in our kitchen with the exception the blade is straighter in most cases making [...]
- Bob Kramer by Zwilling 10-inch Euroline Damascus Chef's Knife has a broad blade that has an incredible cutting edge for larger tasks even mincing and dicing. There are 100 steps involved over a 42-day period in making this knife. Designed by Master Bladesmith Bob Kramer this is a chef’s knife that can handle your larger [...]
- Bob Kramer by Zwilling 6" Carbon Steel Chef's Knife is your boneless meat and vegetable knife for slicing, chopping and dicing. Designed by Bob Kramer, the world’s only Master Bladesmith that specializes in kitchen knives, some of which professional chefs from around the world wait as much as 2 years for their opportunity to get [...]
- Bob Kramer by Zwilling 7-inch Damascus Santoku is your kitchens go to knife for your chopping, slicing dicing and mincing tasks, while being a work of art. Bob Kramer the Master Bladesmith that crafts mostly kitchen knives, has designed this high performance Santoku for your vegetables and boneless meats but also has put an artisan’s [...]
- Boker Black Ceramic Chef's Knife 6.12 Inches is corrosion free, chemical neutral. The ultra sharp blade makes slicing and cutting a breeze. Will hold its edge much, much longer when comparing with the traditional kitchen chef’s knife when it is used as instructed. Made from a zirconium oxide ceramic, a material second only to a [...]
- Boker Damascus Mediterranean Olive VI Santoku Knife is a very lightweight addition for all of your chopping and cutting kitchen tasks. Created with a core of VG-10 alloyed high carbon stainless steel for the strength and durability then wrapped in 36 layers of Damascus stainless steel for added strength and blade protection. Handle is made [...]